1930 Packard 740 7-passenger Sedan
|Model:||740 7-passenger sedan|
1930 Packard 740 7-passenger—a Rare Find
The Packards of the ‘30s were the grandest of the American motor cars, and this 740 7-passenger sedan likely transported a variety of the rich and famous people in its day. Now this Packard is awaiting a new owner that will complete what began with what appears to be a now-completed frame-off restoration together with an engine rebuild and only needs the final cosmetic transformation necessary to bring this great car back to its original grandeur.
Great Car with Great Bones
This 1930 Packard is the ideal restoration-completion candidate: the hard and expensive work has been completed.
What has been done:
- Body appears to have been removed from frame, needed repairs/cleaning done and then reinstalled
- Engine was rebuilt
- A recent carburetor rebuild on the dependable straight 8 cylinder engine
- The wiring harness was replaced
- Starts, runs, drives and stops properly
- Excellent chrome
- Blue fabric upholstery free of rips and tears (other than jump seats)
- 6 extremely nice metal/wood 12-spoke painted wheels that look as new
What remains to be completed:
- Freshening of portions of the paint
- Re-upholstering of the sun-visors and two jump seats
- Cosmetic cleaning of upholstery, headliner and interior trim
- Refreshing of instruments (recently rebuilt amp gauge)
An Exceptional Opportunity
There is one phrase that can best describe this 1930 Packard: Classic Elegance!
This is a running, driving and fully reassembled car, not a pile of old parts awaiting reassembly. The expensive restoration work has already been done (apparently the body was removed from frame and then reinstalled, the engine was rebuilt, new wiring harness, exterior painted, wheels restored) and now the finishing touches are needed to take this 7-passenger vehicle back to its original state of elegance.
This Packard is priced to reflect the work needed for its elegant completion.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL US AT: 540-370-4474